Fwd: physical memory

From: Rich <rhdyes(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Fwd: physical memory
Date: 2008-01-10 18:34:05
Lists: pgsql-admin

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Rich <rhdyes(at)gmail(dot)com>
Date: Jan 10, 2008 1:32 PM
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] physical memory
To: Antonio Corardi <antonio(dot)corardi(at)gmail(dot)com>

There is probably no limit except the limitations of your hardware at
this time. As far as it automatically incorporating other hard
drives, that is probably more of a function of your operating system.
Example if you put your tabelspace on a system where the filesystem
spans multiple drives, it will grow till you run out of space. This I
would say is based on your filesystem design.