Re: Speed up Clog Access by increasing CLOG buffers

From: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Speed up Clog Access by increasing CLOG buffers
Date: 2016-09-04 21:48:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

This thread started a year ago, different people contributed various
patches, some of which already got committed. Can someone please post a
summary of this thread, so that it's a bit more clear what needs
review/testing, what are the main open questions and so on?

I'm interested in doing some tests on the hardware I have available, but
I'm not willing spending my time untangling the discussion.

thanks

--
Tomas Vondra http://www.2ndQuadrant.com