Re: Putting an aggregate value in an UPDATE statement...

From: John Gage <jsmgage(at)numericable(dot)fr>
To: NOVICE Postgres elist <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Putting an aggregate value in an UPDATE statement...
Date: 2010-06-02 08:02:02
Lists: pgsql-novice

In the first place, thanks a very great deal for all the feedback.
Much appreciated.

In the second, the UPDATE statement I used as an example was really a
kludge because I could not figure out how to place the same SELECT
COUNT(*) expression into an INSERT statement. Turns out that by
enclosing _it_ in parentheses, everything is cool. Superb.

John