Re: Putting an aggregate value in an UPDATE statement...

From: rajanski <raliski(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Putting an aggregate value in an UPDATE statement...
Date: 2012-03-02 14:38:17
Lists: pgsql-novice

Okay I have a similar but seemingly more complicated Problem with aggregate
values in an UPDATE statement:

update test set ew_data_vm_fraction =
array_agg(unnest(ew_data_vm) * area_percentage)

gives me the obvious "ERROR: cannot use aggregate function in UPDATE"
message

when I set i in parentheses

update test set ew_data_vm_fraction =
(select array_agg(unnest(ew_data_vm) * area_percentage)
from test

it results in the message: "ERROR: set-valued function called in context
that cannot accept a set"

i am really desperate,what can I try else?

Greetings!