Re: high-availability on MS Windows cluster -- need insights

From: "George, Harry G" <harry(dot)g(dot)george(at)boeing(dot)com>
To: "Andrew Sullivan" <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>, <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: high-availability on MS Windows cluster -- need insights
Date: 2007-12-27 19:52:28
Lists: pgsql-admin

Good points. FYI, I read the 8.2.5 manual, then did some additional
searching, and reviewed Elmasri "Fundamentals of Database Systems, 3rd
ed (text from MS CompSci course on DBMS design). Then emailed an
analysis and the tradeoffs as best I understood them to the user and
requested additional info and requirements (no response so far --
holidays). Also Only then did I begin posting requests for help, in
preparation for getting those answers back from the user.

It is beginning to sound like I should have waited until we had the
prototype testbed up and running, and then post specific questions when
we ran into roadblocks. I was just hoping to leverage the experience
of others to avoid the roadblocks in the first place.

Sorry about the signature line. It is required here. However, I'll try
posting from home in the future.