Re: A new take on the foot-gun meme

From: "Gregory Williamson" <Gregory(dot)Williamson(at)digitalglobe(dot)com>
To: "Steve Crawford" <scrawford(at)pinpointresearch(dot)com>, "Gregory Stark" <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: "Shane Ambler" <pgsql(at)Sheeky(dot)Biz>, "Robert Treat" <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: A new take on the foot-gun meme
Date: 2008-07-01 23:10:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

In further OT Gregory Stark wrote:

> >> I reckon they watched Caddyshack (I think that was the one) and thought they
> >> could get the patent before someone actually tried selling them.
> >>

> > Surely a movie counts as "published"!?
> >

> No the term is "prior art" leaving the lawyers to bill $400/hour while
> they argue over whether or not Caddyshack is "art". Though the movie
> might have inspired this:
> http://www.rodenator.com/
> http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2386436112453851581
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2umEFHeo6mw
>
> Looks fun as long as you don't do this:
> http://uk.reuters.com/article/oddlyEnoughNews/idUKN2432304520080326

In something of the same vein: <http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4593682.stm> ... IMHO the pendejo got what was coming to him, though.

Back to work, but I really appreciate some of the meanderings here.

Greg Williamson
Senior DBA
DigitalGlobe

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information and must be protected in accordance with those provisions. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

(My corporate masters made me say this.)