Re: Forgot to dump old data before re-installing machine

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Stefan Schwarzer" <stefan(dot)schwarzer(at)grid(dot)unep(dot)ch>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Forgot to dump old data before re-installing machine
Date: 2008-01-18 15:31:14
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-patches

"Dave Page" <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org> writes:
> As for the real problem (on the same hardware), when you rebuilt
> Postgres on your new machine did you change any of the configure
> options that MacPorts would have used from what would have been used
> previously (I assume they can be overridden)?

There's not that much that can be overridden that would affect the
layout of pg_control. The only other thing I can think of at the
moment is that moving from 32-bit to 64-bit time_t can screw things
up --- but that shouldn't affect the interpretation of the pg_control
version number, which as already noted certainly looks like it's the
wrong endianness.

Stefan, could you post the actual pg_control file as a binary
attachment?