Re: Compile Failue on win32 - pipe.c using ereport

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Merlin Moncure" <merlin(dot)moncure(at)rcsonline(dot)com>
Cc: "Mark Kirkwood" <markir(at)coretech(dot)co(dot)nz>, "PostgreSQL-development" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Compile Failue on win32 - pipe.c using ereport
Date: 2004-06-30 15:04:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-hackers-win32

"Merlin Moncure" <merlin(dot)moncure(at)rcsonline(dot)com> writes:
>> For the past few days I have experienced compile failure with CVS HEAD
>> on win32.
>> The culprit is src/port/pipe.c which uses ereport() when it only
>> #includes "c.h".

> Try replacing "c.h" with "postgres.h". I fixed that on the win32
> binaries and forgot to mention it.

There was a recently submitted patch to change postgres.h to c.h in a
bunch of src/port modules, which I applied without looking closely.
Apparently it was a tad overenthusiastic.

The big question here is whether pipe.c is interesting for use in
frontend programs. If so, it can't use ereport/elog at all, and we'll
need to change the code. If not, we can just revert the inclusion
mistake.

Are there failures in any other src/port modules now?