Re: Database Recovery

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: harry(at)uklug(dot)co(dot)uk
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Database Recovery
Date: 2004-12-20 01:52:49
Lists: pgsql-docs

Harry <postituk(at)yahoo(dot)com> writes:
> In hindsight I would have done some things differently, like posting to
> one of the lists. If you think that it would be better for people to
> ask the list and run from there then I will leave it.

Well, we should certainly encourage people to post such problems to
the lists; that's the only way we'd ever find out about common-mode
failures that we might be able to fix or defend against. But I don't
see any reason that we can't start to pull together some collected
wisdom. The idea has been discussed before but no one's really stepped
up to do the writing. If you want to give it a go, by all means ...