Re: Add --{no-,}bypassrls flags to createuser

From: Przemysław Sztoch <przemyslaw(at)sztoch(dot)pl>
To: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Shinya Kato <Shinya11(dot)Kato(at)oss(dot)nttdata(dot)com>, Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart(at)gmail(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Add --{no-,}bypassrls flags to createuser
Date: 2022-05-22 07:55:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

David G. Johnston wrote on 5/19/2022 3:46 AM:
> I think that this feature is at least worth considering - but absent
> an existing command that does this I would agree that doing so
> constitutes a separate feature.
>
> As an aside, I'd rather overcome this particular objection by having
> the CREATE object command all accept an optional "COMMENT IS" clause.
>
> David J.
The createuser command is typically used by IT personnel unfamiliar with
SQL and unfamiliar with psql.
They often use this command because software installation procedures
require it.
Lack of comment then causes more mess in the configuration of larger
servers.
I still think it's worth adding the --comment argument to execute the
next SQL statement by createuser.
This will simplify the setup scripts and installation instructions for
the final software.

I believe that it is not worth dividing it into a separate program.

The same --comment argument is needed for the createdb command.
--
Przemysław Sztoch | Mobile +48 509 99 00 66