Re: quote_literal(integer) does not exist

From: Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Brendan Jurd" <direvus(at)gmail(dot)com>, "Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum" <adsmail(at)wars-nicht(dot)de>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: quote_literal(integer) does not exist
Date: 2007-11-26 03:15:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Thoughts?

I wouldn't have thought set_config was frequently enough used to warrant a
catalog change but quote_literal does seem like a common enough use case to
warrant it and once we're doing it there...

I started to think md5(bytea) would be reasonable but then I checked and we do
in fact already have that. Perhaps it would be interesting to have some of the
other functions like overlay or replace for bytea as well in the future but I
hardly think anyone is going to complain urgently given that using them via
free casts to text would never have really worked that well previously.

--
Gregory Stark