Re: Consistent segfault in complex query

From: Andrew Gierth <andrew(at)tao11(dot)riddles(dot)org(dot)uk>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Kyle Samson <kysamson(at)tripadvisor(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers\(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Matthew Kelly <mkelly(at)tripadvisor(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Consistent segfault in complex query
Date: 2018-09-12 17:21:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Andrew> Simpler testcase, removing the CTE, so this is clearly just
Andrew> about InitPlan:

So I can see exactly where the problem is, but I'm not sure what the
solution should be.

EvalPlanQualStart copies the param_exec value list explicitly _not_
including the execPlan link, which obviously isn't going to work if the
value has not been computed yet. Should it be forcing the evaluation of
initplans that haven't been run yet, or should the EPQ scan evaluate
them itself from a copy of the plan, or does there need to be some way
to share state? (having the InitPlan be run more than once might be a
problem?)

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)