Re: Consistent segfault in complex query

From: Andrew Gierth <andrew(at)tao11(dot)riddles(dot)org(dot)uk>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Kyle Samson <kysamson(at)tripadvisor(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers\(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Matthew Kelly <mkelly(at)tripadvisor(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Consistent segfault in complex query
Date: 2018-09-14 02:23:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

>> Your other idea of forcing initPlan parameters to be evaluated
>> before we enter the EPQ execution environment is probably more
>> workable.

Tom> Concretely, the attached seems to be enough to fix it (though I
Tom> only tried the simplest case you posted).

If it helps, here is a patch that adds isolation tests to
eval-plan-qual.spec for two test cases (one with CTE, one without).
I've verified that these reproduce the crash, and that they run
successfully with your patch. I can't currently see any more specific
code paths to probe in these tests.

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)

Attachment Content-Type Size