Re: Cache lookup errors with functions manipulation object addresses

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(dot)dunstan(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Aleksander Alekseev <a(dot)alekseev(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Cache lookup errors with functions manipulation object addresses
Date: 2018-09-14 02:22:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Jul 02, 2018 at 08:54:25PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> I am fine with any conclusion. As the patch has rotten a bit, I
> switched it from "Ready for committer" to "Needs Review" by the way.
> That seems more appropriate as the thing has rotten a bit.

Attached are rebased versions. This has been around for some time, so I
am planning to move on with this patch set pretty soon as that's mainly
cleanup for getObjectIdentity as it triggers elog("cache lookup") or
such for undefined objects. Patch 0001 extends FDW and server routines
so as it is possible to skip missing entries, without breaking
compatibility. Patch 0002 adds a missing_ok flag when doing
subscription and publication lookups.

Any objections?
--
Michael