Re: Turning recovery.conf into GUCs

From: Alex Shulgin <ash(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Jaime Casanova <jaime(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Turning recovery.conf into GUCs
Date: 2014-11-24 08:53:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Alex Shulgin <ash(at)commandprompt(dot)com> writes:

>>> we actually need both but including xlog_internal.h also includes xlog.h
>>> i added xlog.h and if someone things is enough only putting
>>> xlog_internal.h let me know
>>
>> What's required from xlog_internal.h?
>
> Looks like this was addressed before me.

Actually, it's there to bring in MAXFNAMELEN which is used in
check_recovery_target_name. Not sure how it even compiled without that,
but after some branch switching it doesn't anymore. :-p

Maybe we should move these check/assign hooks to xlog.c, but that's
likely going to create header files dependency problem due to use of
GucSource in the hook prototype...

--
Alex