psql dumps core on \d<invalid table> command (7.1.1)

From: Arcady Genkin <a(dot)genkin(at)utoronto(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: psql dumps core on \d<invalid table> command (7.1.1)
Date: 2001-05-31 01:08:13
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Postgresql v7.1.1

THe system is:
SunOS eddie 5.8 Generic_108528-07 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-Enterprise

Compiled with gcc 2.95.2

Compilation configuration:
env CFLAGS='-O2 -pipe' ./configure --prefix=/opt/pgsql

The following is a script of psql session:

securewww=> \du
Did not find any relation named "u".
Segmentation Fault (core dumped)

Don't know if it is of any relevance, but postgres was compiled
without readline library.

The above bug happens *every* time I attempt to type "\du". Of
course, the first time I typed it by mistake, since I really don't
have a relation named `u'. The bug also happens when entering an
invalid backslash command, e.g. "\m".

This bug *could* be a duplicate of bug #333
http://www.ca.postgresql.org/bugs/bugs.php?4~333
with one exception: I have postgresql 7.1 running on FreeBSD
4.3-STABLE, installed from the ports tree, and in that installation
psql does *NOT* exhibit the above manfunction.

If the core file would be of any value, please let me know, and I'll
send it.

Many thanks,
--
Arcady Genkin