Re: Compilation --with-python fails on Solaris 8

From: Arcady Genkin <a(dot)genkin(at)utoronto(dot)ca>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Compilation --with-python fails on Solaris 8
Date: 2001-05-31 01:10:42
Lists: pgsql-bugs

> Arcady Genkin writes:
>
> > Trying to compile 7.1.1 on the system:
>
> > the compilation fails while compiling the Python interface with the
> > following (very long) error message:
>
> Edit src/Makefile.global and remove -lbind from the LIBS variable. If
> this works, please try to rebuild everything with this new configuration
> so we can be sure it doesn't break anything else.

Thanks, that did it. I thought that the problem was with trying to
link to both bind and resolv libraries.

I confirm that with -lbind removed from LIBS (as above) postgres
compiles successfully with the following configuration:

env CFLAGS='-O2 -pipe' ./configure --prefix=/opt/pgsql \
--with-perl --with-python --with-CXX

Thanks again,
--
Arcady Genkin