Re: [INTERFACES] yet another postgresql interface

From: Aleksey Demakov <avd(at)gcom(dot)ru>
To: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] yet another postgresql interface
Date: 1999-01-10 08:31:15
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

"Thomas G. Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu> writes:

> You betcha! What is involved with the interface? Do you have it
> integrated with configure and make, or would you like some help with
> that? Do you have some description written up, and would you like some
> help to get that integrated into the big doc set?

I dubbed it pguile. Its version number is 0.1. There are many things to
do till it gets 1.0. Currently it contains only wrappers for libpq
functions (not for all of them, though). It would be great to develop
some higher level interface, but I don't have any idea what it should
be like. One of the reasons I wish to publish the thing is to get ideas
from people.

It is a separate package with its own configure. I believe some
other interfaces (JDBC, for instance) are too. I don't sure that
there is a need to integrate it with PostgreSQL's top-level configure.
As for documentation, I'm afraid I have nothing except README.

> We can make a first-cut commit of the code, and then you could look at
> the next development snapshot tar file to clean up and make it work...

So, how can I send my code? May I post it to you? I'm ignorant in
things like CVS...

> Out of curiosity, how closely does your interface resemble one which
> would support Lisp?

I don't know. What is it?

Aleksey

--