Re: [INTERFACES] yet another postgresql interface

From: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Aleksey Demakov <avd(at)gcom(dot)ru>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] yet another postgresql interface
Date: 1999-01-10 14:58:50
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

> I dubbed it pguile. Its version number is 0.1.
> It is a separate package with its own configure. I believe some
> other interfaces (JDBC, for instance) are too. I don't sure that
> there is a need to integrate it with PostgreSQL's top-level configure.

OK, we can put it in the interfaces directory but not hook it up to
configure and the makefile.

> As for documentation, I'm afraid I have nothing except README.

Which is a good start!

> So, how can I send my code? May I post it to you? I'm ignorant in
> things like CVS...

How large is your compressed tar file? If less than 0.5MB, just send it
to me. If larger than that, then please try posting it at

ftp://postgresql.org/pub/.incoming/

and let me know it is there.

> > Out of curiosity, how closely does your interface resemble one which
> > would support Lisp?
> I don't know. What is it?

It has lots of parens, like Scheme/Guile :) afaik Scheme was an offshoot
of or reaction to Lisp, which is very heavy and full-featured, years
ago.