Re: contrib/postgis spatial extensions

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Paul Ramsey <pramsey(at)refractions(dot)net>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: contrib/postgis spatial extensions
Date: 2001-08-07 18:17:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

I'm for adding this to contrib, but is there any chance of getting it
released under our BSD-style license, not GPL? If it's GPL then it
will never be a candidate to move out of contrib and into the main tree,
which seems like something we'd like to do with it eventually. The GPL
license forbids us from merging GPL'd code into BSD-licensed code,
so the best we can do with GPL'd code is keep it at arm's length in
the contrib area.