Re: pgxs docdir question

From: Dimitri Fontaine <dfontaine(at)hi-media(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>, PostgreSQL Hackers ML <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Martin Pitt <mpitt(at)debian(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgxs docdir question
Date: 2010-09-20 09:12:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Devrim =?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=DCND=DCZ?= <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org> writes:
>> Where does PGXS makefile get /usr/share/doc/pgsql/contrib directory
>> from?
>
>> While building 3rd party RPMs using PGXS, even if I specify docdir in
>> Makefile, README.* files are installed to this directory, which breaks
>> parallel installation path as of 9.0+
>
> Maybe you need to fool with MODULEDIR. See
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2010-01/msg00025.php

Well it's been working fine in debian without that for a long time
now. I've taken the liberty to CC Martin Pitt, because I don't have the
time to look at how things are done exactly in his debian packaging
there.

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/%7Epitti/postgresql/common/files
https://code.launchpad.net/postgresql

Regards,