Re: Early WIP/PoC for inlining CTEs

From: Andrew Gierth <andrew(at)tao11(dot)riddles(dot)org(dot)uk>
To: Andreas Karlsson <andreas(at)proxel(dot)se>
Cc: Nico Williams <nico(at)cryptonector(dot)com>, David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Early WIP/PoC for inlining CTEs
Date: 2018-07-27 16:33:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

>> WITH ctename AS [[NOT] MATERIALIZED] (query)

Andreas> I think "NOT MATERIALIZED" would be a bit misleading since the
Andreas> planner may choose to materialize anyway,

It would certainly be possible to make an explicit NOT MATERIALIZED
override such a choice by the planner, or produce an error if it is
actually impossible to do so (e.g. using NOT MATERIALIZED on a wCTE)

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)