Re: multithreaded zstd backup compression for client and server

From: Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker <ilmari(at)ilmari(dot)org>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Dipesh Pandit <dipesh(dot)pandit(at)gmail(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: multithreaded zstd backup compression for client and server
Date: 2022-03-30 12:00:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> This patch contains a trivial adjustment to
> PostgreSQL::Test::Cluster::run_log to make it return a useful value
> instead of not. I think that should be pulled out and committed
> independently regardless of what happens to this patch overall, and
> possibly back-patched.

run_log() is far from the only such method in PostgreSQL::Test::Cluster.
Here's a patch that gives the same treatment to all the methods that
just pass through to the corresponding PostgreSQL::Test::Utils function.

Also attached is a fix a typo in the _get_env doc comment that I noticed
while auditing the return values.

- ilmari

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Make-more-PostgreSQL-Test-Cluster-methods-return-a-u.patch text/x-diff 2.4 KB
0002-Fix-typo-in-PostgreSQL-Test-Cluster-_get_env-docs.patch text/x-diff 1.0 KB