Re: CREATE TABLE/AS does not allow WITH OIDS?

From: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
To: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)fourpalms(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: CREATE TABLE/AS does not allow WITH OIDS?
Date: 2002-11-07 18:45:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)fourpalms(dot)org> writes:
> ... and the same for SELECT/INTO Also, the hasoids (or equivalent)
> attribute is not picked up from the source table which would be
> another way to push this property into the target table.

How would we make use of 'hasoids' in the case of multiple source
tables, or a source table defined by an SRF?

Unless we can define some consistent semantics for when we use the
hasoids of the source table(s), I'd say we should just add the
WITH/WITHOUT OIDS syntax.

Cheers,

Neil

--
Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com> || PGP Key ID: DB3C29FC