Re: array support patch phase 1 patch

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, "Patches (PostgreSQL)" <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: array support patch phase 1 patch
Date: 2003-05-24 14:51:32
Lists: pgsql-patches

> Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> Also note that "multidimensional array" is the correct spelling

> "multi-dimensional" is not incorrect by my dictionary,

The first two online dictionaries I checked (Merriam-Webster and
Cambridge) list *only* "multi-dimensional". IMHO the word is not
common enough in normal use to have lost its hyphen. You can get
away with not hyphenating in technical contexts where it's more
common, but that does not make the hyphenated form less correct.