Re: First SVG graphic

From: Jürgen Purtz <juergen(at)purtz(dot)de>
To: pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: First SVG graphic
Date: 2019-02-15 10:58:46
Lists: pgsql-docs

The graphic for dump/restore is transferred from 'pg_dump utility'
chapter to the 'backup and restore' chapter in sgml/backup.sgml. In this
chapter I made a lot of textual changes to explain the relation between
pg_dump, pg_restore and psql in more detail. Especially I tried to
introduce a more stringent use of terms, eg: avoiding 'archive' because
this term is used with a different meaning in the PITR chapter. (It
would be a good idea to do the same for the description of the pg_dump
utility.) Because I'm not a native English speaker, feel free to correct
my wording.

The list of figures as well as lists of other prominent elements are
removed. 'lists in TOC' seems to be a topic of its own and will be
resumed later.

Kind regards, Jürgen

Attachment Content-Type Size
firstSvg_4.patch text/x-patch 47.9 KB