Re: First SVG graphic

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Jürgen Purtz <juergen(at)purtz(dot)de>, pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: First SVG graphic
Date: 2019-02-20 16:28:50
Lists: pgsql-docs

On 2019-02-15 11:58, Jürgen Purtz wrote:
> The graphic for dump/restore is transferred from 'pg_dump utility'
> chapter to the 'backup and restore' chapter in sgml/backup.sgml. In this
> chapter I made a lot of textual changes to explain the relation between
> pg_dump, pg_restore and psql in more detail. Especially I tried to
> introduce a more stringent use of terms, eg: avoiding 'archive' because
> this term is used with a different meaning in the PITR chapter. (It
> would be a good idea to do the same for the description of the pg_dump
> utility.) Because I'm not a native English speaker, feel free to correct
> my wording.

I think we should have some in-tree documentation about how to edit
images, probably at doc/src/sgml/svg/README. You had published some of
that documentation earlier in this thread, and whatever is relevant to
developers should be included in the tree. I'm specifically wondering
about the relationship between the *.svg and the inkscape/*.svg files.