From: "Dax Duskin" <dax(dot)duskin(at)zsassociates(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2001-03-08 17:09:06
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hello all.

I was hoping someone could help me with the following:

I am trying to install jdbc and I am having some trouble. I am using the
Linux-Mandrake Distribution (7.2).

First I installed the postgresql-jdbc rpm, but I couldn't find my postgresql.jar
file anywhere (that's supposed to happen right?). Stumped I copied the source
code into my /opt directory.

I entered the directory /src/interfaces/jdbc.
I typed make jdbc2 jar and received this error:

org/postgresql/Connection.java:1: error:Cannot find type "org/postgresql/Field"
make[1]: *** [org/postgresql/Connection.class] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/opt/postgresql-7.0.2/src/interfaces/jdbc'
make *** [jdbc2] Error 2

I tried a number of things. I tried building jdbc1 as well. and I tried
building postgresql myself without using rpms. no luck. There are 4 jar files
in my /var/lib/pgsql directory. jdbc-(versionnum)-.jar I tried compiling a few
java programs using these, but i wasn't able to locate the driver when the
programs were run. What are those 4 jars used for anyway?

Thanks in advance.
Dax Duskin

  • Re: at 2001-03-12 15:36:31 from Peter Mount