Re: Was my question inappropriate for postgres?

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
To: Mladen Gogala <gogala(dot)mladen(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Was my question inappropriate for postgres?
Date: 2022-07-25 04:36:14
Lists: pgsql-general

On 7/24/22 18:14, Mladen Gogala wrote:
> Answers in-line:
>

> https://dbwhisperer.wordpress.com/2020/11/21/pyodbc-fast_executemany-and-oracle-rdbms/
>
> MS SQL ODBC 1.7 and Oracle Instant Client 19.9 ODBC drivers and newer do
> support "fast_executemany". PostgreSQL ODBC 13 does not. Here is the table:
>
> https://github.com/mkleehammer/pyodbc/wiki/fast_executemany-support-for-various-ODBC-drivers
>

>> As to below, really?  If you don't want to answer the question then
>> don't.
>
> Boys just wanna have fun. This is a shameless plug of the famous Cindy
> Lauper's song, but you get the picture, don't you? To my credit, I
> didn't answer the 1st one. Tonight, I've been socializing with Sam
> Adams, so I replied. When someone who doesn't know how to properly write
> "O365" asks about "how suitable ODBC driver is", then I feel entitled to
> little fun.
>
> Now, since you don't appear to be a fan of my particular variety of
> humor, can you possibly translate the question and explain to me what a
> "suitable driver" is and what is M365? If you manage to prove to me that

1) Looking at the email of the OP would provide information that there
might be a language barrier involved. And I who have been known to be
less then clear in the one language I know, attempt to be forgiving of
those that are trying to get a thought across in a foreign language.

2) Suitable driver is just that a driver that will suit the needs of
working on Windows 10 with MS Office/Office/Microsoft 365. I am not sure
how that could be made any clearer.

3) "...compatible to Microsoft's M365." I who am not a Windows user,
knew what the OP meant. And if you go here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_365#As_%22Microsoft_365%22

You will see:

"On March 30, 2020, Microsoft announced that the consumer plans of
Office 365 would be rebranded as "Microsoft 365" (a brand also used by
Microsoft for an enterprise subscription bundle of Windows, Office 365,
and security services) on April 21, 2020, succeeding existing consumer
plans of Office 365."

So M365 is actually more correct then 0365.

> the question makes sense, I will apologize to the OP and offer you a
> pint of Sam Adams as an apology for my bad behavior. On the other hand,
> if the question doesn't make sense, I will gladly accept the same from you.
>
> --
> Mladen Gogala
> Database Consultant
> Tel: (347) 321-1217