RE: [INTERFACES] ODBC & VB5

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "'pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: [INTERFACES] ODBC & VB5
Date: 1999-08-25 07:47:32
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

You should still be able to use these controls. You need to create a
recordset as outlined in my sample code. You then need an MS data control on
your form (this may be hidden). Add a line to your code that reads something
like:

Set Data1.Recordset = RS

This will make the data control's recordset the one you just created. You
should now be able to bind grids, text boxes combos etc. to the data contrl.

> With regard to your example code when I run it (changing the DSN info
> to a DSN of my creation) the code stops at the line
>
> Set RS = DB.OpenRecordset("SELECT * FROM pg_class;", dbOpenSnapshot)
>
> with a type mismatch error (13)
>
> interestingly enough if I change RS to type variant all seems ok?
> RS is correctly declared as type recordset in the preamble code.

Urgggh. Do you have any references to ADO in your project? It may be that
you need to define RS as a DAO.Recordset in case a reference to ADO is
taking preference over the reference to the DAO library.

On something of a shameless plug, I'm going to try to release my custom data
control today. It's in a beta form but is far more friendly than the MS
controls. It can talk to PostgreSQL without any supporting code :-)

I'll post here when I manage to release it...

Regards,

Dave.

--
Dave Page, Network & Systems Manager, The Vale Housing Association Ltd.
http://www.vale-housing.co.uk (Work)