Re: Bricolage: Impressive

From: David Wheeler <david(at)kineticode(dot)com>
To: Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>
Subject: Re: Bricolage: Impressive
Date: 2004-01-20 06:26:00
Lists: pgsql-www

On Jan 19, 2004, at 3:54 AM, Oleg Bartunov wrote:

> what I'd like to see is a built in search facility, so once document
> has approved for publication, it could be searchable. It's nice feature
> and we use it in our CMS (also, Mason based) and PostgreSQL has
> contrib/tsearch2 (I'm one of the authors) and OpenFTS as a middleware,
> so I don't see any problem to add search to Bricolade.
>
> This will solve .postgresql.org problem with search engine if -www
> will decide to go with Bricolade.

Bricolage is a back-office application, not front end. It has SQL-style
search, but it's just for users of the application. Once you publish a
document, it's entirely outside of Bricolage -- it distributes the
XHTML files to your Web server. If you need search on the front end,
it'll have to be a different product.

I hear that SWISH-E works pretty well.

Cheers,

David