An error in docs? (client-only installation)

From: Alexey Borzov <borz_off(at)rdw(dot)ru>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: An error in docs? (client-only installation)
Date: 2001-12-07 08:08:35
Lists: pgsql-general

Greetings!

It is stated in the docs
http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/install-procedure.html
<quote>
If you want to install only the client applications and interface libraries, then you can use these commands:

gmake -C src/bin install
gmake -C src/interfaces install
gmake -C doc install
</quote>

When I tried to follow these instructions, I found out that
it is necessary to do

gmake -C src/include install

as well... It is impossible to build client applications without those
headers.

--
Yours, Alexey V. Borzov, Webmaster of RDW.ru