Re: libpq_pipeline in tmp_install

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: libpq_pipeline in tmp_install
Date: 2021-05-25 09:04:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 19.05.21 19:35, Tom Lane wrote:
> Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org> writes:
>> On 2021-May-19, Tom Lane wrote:
>>> +1, except that you should add documentation for NO_INSTALL to the
>>> list of definable symbols at the head of pgxs.mk, and to the list
>>> in extend.sgml (compare that for NO_INSTALLCHECK).
>
>> I propose this.
>
> WFM.

Thanks for the feedback. I found that my proposal doesn't quite work,
because "check" doesn't depend on "all" (anymore; see dbf2ec1a1c0), so
running make check-world doesn't build the test program first. The
easiest workaround I found was to add an "install: all" line even for
the NO_INSTALL case. It's all a bit hackish, though.

Attachment Content-Type Size
v2-0001-Add-NO_INSTALL-option-to-pgxs.patch text/plain 3.0 KB