Re: conversion efforts (Re: SCMS question)

From: "Chad Wagner" <chad(dot)wagner(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: "Warren Turkal" <wt(at)penguintechs(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: conversion efforts (Re: SCMS question)
Date: 2007-02-24 23:47:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2/24/07, Joshua D. Drake <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com> wrote:

> '../pgsql-cvs/cvsroot/pgsql/src/interfaces/perl5/Attic/test.pl.newstyle,v'
> '../pgsql-cvs/cvsroot/pgsql/src/interfaces/perl5/Attic/ApachePg.pl,v'
> '../pgsql-cvs/cvsroot/pgsql/src/interfaces/perl5/Attic/test.pl.oldstyle,v'

head pgsql/src/interfaces/perl5/Attic/test.pl.oldstyle,v
head 1.3;
access;
symbols
Release-1-6-0:1.1.1.1
creation:1.1.1.1
creation:1.1.1; <<< What the heck happened here?
locks; strict;
comment @# @;

The problem Warren mentions is one that cvs2svn can't deal with, which
> is that the interfaces/perl5 stuff exists in one place but no in
> another. I have no idea if it is how the directories were removed from
> cvs or what, I only know that removing the directories in the repo
> entirely allows the conversion to continue.

The error is actually that the label creation is pointing to TWO different
revisions. CVS seems to deal with this issue by ignoring the second
relationship of the "creation" label to revision.

There is also a few files that are both in Attic and the regular directory,
which is also not supposed to happen. Also, is it me or does CVS ignore
Attic files when you export a specific label?