Re: conversion efforts (Re: SCMS question)

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Warren Turkal <wt(at)penguintechs(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: conversion efforts (Re: SCMS question)
Date: 2007-02-24 23:35:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>> Warren Turkal wrote:
>
>>> As a followup, the cvs2svn conversion says the following.
>>>
>>> Error summary:
>>> ERROR: Multiple definitions of the symbol 'creation' in '../pgsql-cvs/cvsroot/pgsql/src/interfaces/perl5/Attic/test.pl.newstyle,v'
>>> ERROR: Multiple definitions of the symbol 'creation' in '../pgsql-cvs/cvsroot/pgsql/src/interfaces/perl5/Attic/ApachePg.pl,v'
>>> ERROR: Multiple definitions of the symbol 'creation' in '../pgsql-cvs/cvsroot/pgsql/src/interfaces/perl5/Attic/test.pl.oldstyle,v'
>>> Exited due to fatal error(s).
>>>
>>> I do believe that the files are actually malformed. If anyone knows
>>> how to modify them such that they are valid, please let me know. I
>>> have just deleted them since they are in an Attic directory.
>> When I do the conversion every four hours, I remove the perl5 directory.
>> This is what the converted tree looks like:
>>
>> http://projects.commandprompt.com/public/pgsql
>
> Keep in mind that the repository as converted by Josh, above, is
> strangely corrupted in weird and unpredictable ways.

Yes, that is actually the point. I mentioned further up in the thread
that our conversion is not perfect and we use cvs2svn to do that
conversion.

The problem Warren mentions is one that cvs2svn can't deal with, which
is that the interfaces/perl5 stuff exists in one place but no in
another. I have no idea if it is how the directories were removed from
cvs or what, I only know that removing the directories in the repo
entirely allows the conversion to continue.

Joshua D. Drake

http://www.commandprompt.com/