Re: Doc update for pg_stat_statements normalization

From: "Imseih (AWS), Sami" <simseih(at)amazon(dot)com>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Doc update for pg_stat_statements normalization
Date: 2023-02-28 23:11:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I am OK with an addition to the documentation to warn that one may
> have to increase the maximum number of entries that can be stored if
> seeing a non-normalized entry that should have been normalized.

I agree. We introduce the concept of a plannable statement in a
previous section and we can then make this distinction in the new
paragraph.

I also added a link to pg_stat_statements_info since that is introduced
later on int the doc.

Regards,

--
Sami Imseih
Amazon Web Services

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-doc-update-regarding-pg_stat_statements-normalizatio.patch application/octet-stream 1.5 KB