Re: Upcoming Changes to News Server ...

From: "Gary L(dot) Burnore" <gburnore(at)databasix(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Upcoming Changes to News Server ...
Date: 2004-11-23 21:46:01
Lists: pgsql-announce pgsql-general

On 23 Nov 2004 21:41:16 GMT, Woodchuck Bill <bwr607(at)hotmail(dot)com>
wrote:

>pbk(at)patrickbkelly(dot)org (Patrick B Kelly) wrote in news:E55E257B-3D95-11D9-
>BD24-000A958A3956(at)patrickbkelly(dot)org:
>
>> On Nov 23, 2004, at 3:59 PM, Gary L. Burnore wrote:

>>> So you're basically going to make it worse than it already was and to
>>> hell with everyone who was working to correct it, right? We'll surely
>>> block propigation with that setup.
>>
>> Marc appears to be the only one NOT making this situation worse. Let's
>> review. Since Mike Cox's unsolicited attempt to "fix" a problems that
>> he perceived, what has happened? The list has been deluged with
>> countless angry process oriented messages filled with vitriol and
>> devoid of any content regarding the purpose of this forum, we have been
>> bombarded with profanity, and the lists have been dropped from google.
>> This seems like it was a fool's errand from the beginning and Marc has
>> done nothing but try to cooperate to the extent reasonable. That does
>> not include jumping through every hoop that anyone holds up for him.

>>> You're still trying to shove your list up USENet's ass instead of
>>> doing it the proper way. Why is that?
>>
>> I will not speak for Marc but say that as a member of the mailing list,
>> I think he does an excellent job of advocating the best interests of
>> the postgres community and I support his decisions. You can make any
>> accusations you like but we know what a good job Marc does and
>> appreciate Marc's efforts on our behalf.
>
>By helping the postgres community in the way you describe, he is screwing
>over the Usenet community.

And not helping postgres since less NSP's will carry the groups and
the postgres message.

It's ok. Mysql's better anyway.

--
gburnore(at)databasix dot com
How you look depends on where you go.
| ÝÛ³ºÝ³Þ³ºÝ³³Ýۺݳ޳ºÝ³Ý³Þ³ºÝ³ÝÝÛ³
DataBasix | ÝÛ³ºÝ³Þ³ºÝ³³Ýۺݳ޳ºÝ³Ý³Þ³ºÝ³ÝÝÛ³
| ÝÛ³ 3 4 1 4 2 ݳ޳ 6 9 0 6 9 ÝÛ³
Black Helicopter Repair Svcs Division | Official Proof of Purchase
Want one? GET one! http://signup.databasix.com