How to Recompile Postgreqsl to increase Function-argument limit??

From: tarabas(at)tarabas(dot)de (Manuel)
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: How to Recompile Postgreqsl to increase Function-argument limit??
Date: 2002-04-14 15:18:19
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi!

I read that by recompiling postgresql I can increase the limit of
arguments (16 by deafult) for Functions (PLpgsql).

How do I have to recompile ?! Do I have to change a file or just add
an argument when recompiling ??

Where can i find this limit so I can increase it to ~40 since i have
one function with ~36 arguments to do an insert for me and return the
inserted id.

I would really appreciate any help !

Please Cc an answer to my email tarabas(at)tarabas(dot)de !

Thanx in advance ... Manuel ...