Slow Query and Big File Size even after emptying

From: "Ridvan Lakas ng Bayan S(dot) Baluyos" <ridvan(at)baluyos(dot)net>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Slow Query and Big File Size even after emptying
Date: 2008-07-01 03:02:01
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi All,

I checked the file size of my database and it's 115GB. I already figured out
which tables suck up all the space and I decided to delete all the entries
in them. But still after emptying (DELETE FROM <tablename>), the file size
still hasn't changed. I already tried to VACUUM the table. Also, even if
there are already 0 records within the table that I emptied, when I query to
that table it's so slow and then it just gives a 0 results.

Is there anything that I missed out here? Like do I need to do some other
cleanups within postgres(eg. cache, etc)?

TIA for your replies. It would be very much appreciated.

Ridvan

--
リヅバン バルヨス
ridvan(dot)baluyos(at)qualservcentral(dot)com

Registered Linux User #439466
Registered Ubuntu User #16034
Q: Have you heard of the Object-Oriented way to get wealthy?
A: Inheritance.