Re: full disjunction in press kit for 8.2

From: "Harald Armin Massa" <haraldarminmassa(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org, poppcorn(at)cornelia-boenigk(dot)de, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Subject: Re: full disjunction in press kit for 8.2
Date: 2006-10-15 21:20:26
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

> I wanted to
> include a mention of the Full Disjunctions project because it bolsters our
> claim to "the most advanced open source database", even though it won't be
> ready for inclusion into the core code until at least v8.3.

That is a noble idea, Josh; and I think it really fits. I tried to follow
that Full Disjunctions threads and discussions, but up to today I still do
not know what a Full Disjunction really is.

Is there anything more than the allready mentioned Web Link with that short
abstract, that FD is good for Webservices (200points for
BuzzWordCompatibilitie); but some simple example with 2 tables who are full
disjunctioned would be very very helpfull.

Has anyone a hint? (yes. I googled it)

Harald

--
GHUM Harald Massa