Re: full disjunction in press kit for 8.2

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org, poppcorn(at)cornelia-boenigk(dot)de
Cc: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Subject: Re: full disjunction in press kit for 8.2
Date: 2006-10-15 21:15:31
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Conni,

> > PostgreSQL 8.2 does support full disjunctions via a Pgfoundry project:
> >
> > http://pgfoundry.org/projects/fulldisjunction/
>
> Should'nt this be mentioned as such? It looks like PG would support it
> natively.

The quote from the press kit is in the section about pgFoundry. I wanted to
include a mention of the Full Disjunctions project because it bolsters our
claim to "the most advanced open source database", even though it won't be
ready for inclusion into the core code until at least v8.3.

There was earlier discussion on this list about it.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun