Re: snapbuild woes

From: Petr Jelinek <petr(dot)jelinek(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Erik Rijkers <er(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Craig Ringer <craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Subject: Re: snapbuild woes
Date: 2017-05-10 08:43:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 09/05/17 22:11, Erik Rijkers wrote:
> On 2017-05-09 21:00, Petr Jelinek wrote:
>> On 09/05/17 19:54, Erik Rijkers wrote:
>>> On 2017-05-09 11:50, Petr Jelinek wrote:
>>>

>> Ah okay, so this is same issue that's reported by both Masahiko Sawada
>> [1] and Jeff Janes [2].
>>
>> [1]
>> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAD21AoBYpyqTSw%2B%3DES%2BxXtRGMPKh%3DpKiqjNxZKnNUae0pSt9bg%40mail.gmail.com
>>
>> [2]
>> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CAMkU%3D1xUJKs%3D2etq2K7bmbY51Q7g853HLxJ7qEB2Snog9oRvDw%40mail.gmail.com
>>

> I don't understand why you come to that conclusion: both Masahiko Sawada
> and Jeff Janes have a DROP SUBSCRIPTION in the mix; my cases haven't.
> Isn't that a real difference?

Because I only see the sync workers running in the output you shown, the
bug described in those threads can as one of side effects cause the sync
workers to wait forever for the apply that was killed, crashed, etc, in
the right moment, which I guess is what happened during your failed test
(there should be some info in the log about apply exiting).