Re: access privileges: grant select on (all current and future tables)?

From: "John D(dot) Burger" <john(at)mitre(dot)org>
To: PostgreSQL General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: access privileges: grant select on (all current and future tables)?
Date: 2007-09-28 14:43:21
Lists: pgsql-general

John Smith wrote:

> and "grant usage on new tables in schema..." doesn't exist yet. which
> leads to my next question (see
> http://svr5.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2005-01/msg01070.php)- are we
> there yet?

If I understand your question, you cannot grant "anticipatory"
privileges to tables which do not yet exist, which I discovered in
this thread:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2007-02/msg00911.php

If you follow the thread, you'll find that one reply pointed to some
existing functions for managing this stuff. I found these useful.

- John D. Burger
MITRE