Re: Windows 2003 server installation issue

From: Vikram Patil <vpatil(at)actuate(dot)com>
To: "jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Windows 2003 server installation issue
Date: 2010-08-18 02:12:38
Lists: pgsql-general

Joshua,

Thanks for reply. But I tried 8.4.4 and it still doesn't work with local administrator account on windows 2003 . I don't want to create additional "postgres" user to start service on windows rather I want to use my currently logged in user. User can be administrator or non-administrator.

I am getting an "error code 5" in event viewer when I try to use administrator as service user.Before attempting that I used initdb to create
Data directory with same user

Thanks & Regards,
Vikram