Re: database cluster!!!

From: John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>
To: Lazaro Ruben Garcia Martinez <lgarciam(at)estudiantes(dot)uci(dot)cu>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: database cluster!!!
Date: 2010-08-17 22:03:59
Lists: pgsql-general

On 08/17/10 12:19 PM, Lazaro Ruben Garcia Martinez wrote:
> Hello:
>
> I have two servers and I want create a database cluster in a SAN
> (storage area network), can any send my any link or any web site in
> that I can read and study about it.

"Cluster" means different things to different people and/or
applications, but loosely, clusters can be grouped into High
Availability and High Performance.

Do you want a high availability active/standby cluster? Or a high
performance load balanced cluster? The latter is much harder to
implement properly. The high availability active/standby style of
clustering is described in the wiki article Greg just posted.