Re: pg_basebackup: errors on macOS on directories with ".DS_Store" files

From: Tobias Bussmann <t(dot)bussmann(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
Cc: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Mark Guertin <markguertin(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_basebackup: errors on macOS on directories with ".DS_Store" files
Date: 2023-04-27 15:48:26
Lists: pgsql-bugs

> Various temporary files and directories created during the operation of the PostgreSQL server, such as any file or directory beginning with pgsql_tmp and temporary relations.

On a second read, I realised this is likely not the proper paragraph to stuff it in, as these files are not 'created during the operation of PostgreSQL'.

Attached v4 where I propose to modify the last paragraph instead:

- Files other than regular files and directories, such as symbolic
+ Hidden files and files other than regular files and directories, such as symbolic

Tobias

Attachment Content-Type Size
skip_hidden_files_v4.diff application/octet-stream 6.3 KB