error code invalid_input_syntax

From: Rainer Leo <leo(at)workfile(dot)de>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: error code invalid_input_syntax
Date: 2006-01-12 00:05:28
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

I wrote a function which generates SQL statements
for INSERTs and UPDATEs, in which I cast the values
to the correct datatype.

Now I want to catch

ERROR: invalid input syntax for integer: "i"

but although I tried quite a few I can't find the right
error code for this exception.

Is it possible that this error can not be caught?

Thanks
Leo