Re: New interface to PG from Chapel?

From: Steve Atkins <steve(at)blighty(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: New interface to PG from Chapel?
Date: 2017-09-15 20:06:12
Lists: pgsql-general

> On Sep 15, 2017, at 12:56 PM, Thelonius Buddha <buddha314(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>
> I’m interested to know the level of effort to build a psycopg2-like library for Chapel: http://chapel.cray.com/ Not being much of a programmer myself, does someone have an educated opinion on this?

It looks like you can call C libraries from Chapel, so you can use libpq directly. Psycopg2 complies with the python database API, but there doesn't seem anything like that for Chapel, so there's not really an equivalent.

So it depends on how complex a wrapper you want. At the low end, very little effort - libpq exists; you can call it from Chapel if you just declare the api, I think.

Cheers,
Steve