Re: New interface to PG from Chapel?

From: John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: New interface to PG from Chapel?
Date: 2017-09-15 20:05:40
Lists: pgsql-general

On 9/15/2017 12:56 PM, Thelonius Buddha wrote:
> I’m interested to know the level of effort to build a psycopg2-like
> library for Chapel: http://chapel.cray.com/ Not being much of a
> programmer myself, does someone have an educated opinion on this?

I don't see any standard database interface frameworks to hang a SQL
library/driver on.

the fact that its a heavily concurrent/parallel language would likely
mean there's many boobytraps en route to successfully using SQL, as you
need to ensure that one PG connection is only ever used by the thread
that created it