Re: fixing more format truncation issues

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: fixing more format truncation issues
Date: 2018-03-15 15:45:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 3/14/18 02:52, Michael Paquier wrote:
> Enabling them by default would generate some useless noise if the patch
> is let as-is as a couple of them are not addressed. Please see the full
> report attached. Is that intentional? I am using GCC 7.3 here.

Well that's weird. Apparently, the warnings depend on a bit on build
options and other platform circumstances. That seems a bit cumbersome.
So I just committed the code changes but didn't actually add the
compiler options to configure.in. I'll close this patch now; it's not
worth going further right now.